FiberPatrol FP1150 is a perimeter intrusion detection system that can be fence-mounted, buried, or deployed in a wall-top configuration. Using its two sensor channels, FP1150 supports a cut-immune configuration. The fiber optic sensor is immune to lightning and EMI and requires no conductive components or grounding points in the field.
- Detects and locates perimeter intrusions over distances of up to 80 km (49.7 mi)
- Pinpoints intrusions with a +/-4 m (13 ft) accuracy
- Flexible, software-based zoning
- Accurately detects and locates multiple simultaneous intrusions
- Reports alarms by zone number, cable distance and/or GPS coordinates.
- Supports virtually all fence types
- If sensor cable is cut, detection continues up to cut location
- Full cut-immune configuration available
- Reliably detects intrusions in the presence of non-localized environmental noise
Fiber Optic Benefits
- No powered or conductive items required in the field
- Immune to EMI and lightning, intrinsically safe in explosive atmospheres
- Long sensor cable service life (25+ years)
- Unused fibers can be reused for other applications
- Possible to use sensor cable with fire ratings such as LSZH, fire retardant, and fire resistant
How It Works
The FiberPatrol FP1150 works by transmitting pulses of laser light into a single-mode optical fiber and accurately measuring the minute light reflections that occur along its length. A disturbance of the fiber caused by fence vibrations changes the amount of light returned from that point. FiberPatrol’s reflectometry-based technology does not require the light to traverse the full length of cable. If a cable is cut, FiberPatrol retains the ability to detect and locate intrusions up to the point of the cut, thus enabling the system to support cut-immune configurations.
FiberPatrol FP1150 – Fiber Connection
FiberPatrol FP1150 Proccesor