Credit / Collections Specialist for Latin America
Location: Location: Miami HQ
Essential Job Functions:
Make effective collections calls prior, during, and after a sales order
- Collect current and the past due invoices
- Maintain accurate account information and customer balances
- Gather client documentation for credit analysis (i.e. financial and bank statements)
- Arrange and schedule repayment plans and schedules on past due invoices
- Approve orders for shipping and for purchasing based on customer account status
- Process credit card payments
- Assist customers in reviewing and resolving any discrepancies with invoices
- Collect Account Receivables in a timely manner in order to increase the cash flow
- Process letters of credits from customers
- Review paid invoices to determine commissions to be paid to the sales team
- Maintain financial statements for all customers updated in the System
- Reconciliations of customers’ accounts and inter offices updated
- Collaborate with Sales teams for Vendor applications
- Obtains revenue by processing invoices, resolving missed payments, updating financial records.
- Collects accounts by contacting customers referred by clerks; investigating circumstances of non-payment; negotiating and resolving conflicts; expediting payment.
- Updates receivables by coordinating and monitoring daily sales order processing and bank remittance transactions.
- Maintains financial security by adhering to internal accounting controls(SAP)
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting monthly account transactions.
- Meets accounts receivable operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Provide support to A/P when needed
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Provide to our financial institution the documentation required for credit approval.
- Process credit analysis when required.
- Works write off when indicated.
- Notify customers about their credit limit and terms and when a credit limit has been removed.
- Comply with all the requirements with our financial institution in the Account Receivable area.
- Calculate interest fee for past due invoices.
- Customer reconciliation
- Post payments to customer’s accounts
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or another related field
- 5+years of finance/credits experience
- Experience with SAP, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Spanish, English and Basic Portuguese
- Good customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish
- Negotiation skills
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must have experience working with credit & collections for Latin America
• Team Player